Do you find yourself trying diet after diet without seeing long-term change? Do you get consumed by T.V shows touting the latest dietary recommendations? Are you guilty of going to the gym every day, then not going for MONTHS!? Are you easily consumed by what your friends & family do or say in regards to food & diet?
Guess what… YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
In todays EPIC post I share:
– Why diet roulette is making us fat, miserable & frustrated
– Why your outlook is EVERTHING & can help you enjoy IMMEDIATE positive change
– Why thinking long-term is ESSENTIAL to making the right decisions NOW
– Lessons we can learn from how we manage our money that can actually improve our health
– 10 HEALTH investments that don’t include exercise or diet
Would you risk all you have, all your assets, all your savings, your car etc etc
…and throw it all on the roulette wheel in the hope you’ll double your money?
I bloody hope not!
That’d be damn right crazy right?
Yet this is EXACTLY the approach the majority of people are taking to lose weight & get fit.
…I call it Diet Roulette.
And I’ve met thousands of people playing this game over the past 10 years.
Truth is you NEVER win. THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS!
(Or in this case, the slimming clubs/food manufacturers)
How Do They Win?
Well, just like the casino’s of the world they hold an advantage.
An advantage worth billions of pounds, (so its a kinda secret) but I’ll let you in on it…
See they know something most people don’t.
They know that regardless of how good/bad the diet is that they’re selling, providing it works short-term they are on to a winner
(by the way ALL calorie restrictive diets work short-term. Even the mars bar diet!)
The genius of this ^^^ is the person doing the diet will always blame themselves when they pile the weight back on rather than the diet. This in-turn makes them repeat the diet again & they end up going round in circles!
Its EXACTLY the same psychology as a gambling addict. They win big once & so are convinced they’ll win big again.
That’s not all.
Diet clubs & food manufacturers have an EXTRA edge.
The alibi of variables.
You see they’re so many variables to losing weight, that when someone isn’t getting results, its easy as pie for the slimming consultant to blame everything else in someones life as the culprit – other than the diet itself.
This was all summed up recently for me when a lady told me how weight watchers works really well for her.
I asked her why then had she had approached me for help.
Her reply,“I’ve done it 6 time now but I can’t stick to it”.
I was lost for words.
She really believed after SIX attempts at a diet she couldn’t stick to that it worked. Worse STILL, she believed SHE was the failure.
This made me a little angry but more sad.
Sad at the thought of just how many other people must be going through the same thing – a belief system of failure, when in fact its the very people she believed were helping her that are blinding her from the real truth.
Believe it or not this post is NOT intended to blast other diets. (I’ll leave that for another day).
This post is to simply outline an observation.. that the current throw it-all-on-black-model I call diet roulette, is FAILING us miserably.
Last week I heard a stat that sums up just how grim the picture is for the future, unless we do start taking a different approach.
“In the next 10 years, if we carry on as we are, two thirds of the worlds population will be over-weight or obese”.
So what’s the Answer?
Well lets flip back to my original question. Would you risk all your financial assets on black?
We already established you wouldn’t.
Coz your smart.
Instead I imagine you spread your hard earned cash over various pots.
Get the best interest rate.
Tax free ISA’s?
Maybe even have investments?
The point is to highlight that we are willing to take a far more strategic
approach to our wealth than our health. When it comes to finances people really think things through, think of the long-term AND do their research.
The Financial Lesson?
If we started using this methodology into our health I believe we’d be in a far happier, healthier & more successful place.
Rather than taking the shot-gun approach of investing our time & efforts in just two pots – (exercise & diet), maybe it’s time we started thinking more laterally & asking bigger questions.
Here are 10 areas of investment I recommend to look at:
- Stress – Managing your stress before anything else will change your life. My advice is eliminate the unnecessary. Focus on the essential and if the essential DOESN’T include checking facebook, your email or watching your favourite t.v program then go back to evaluating what is important to you.
- Sleep – Lack of sleep will mess your hormones up, reduce you to sugar & caffeine cravings and make it terribly hard to focus. Investing time improving your quality of sleep will pay HUGE dividends.
- Fulfillment – At the root of happiness is fulfillment, growth & satisfaction. What are you doing today to grow? What have you done this year to become the person you are most proud of?
- Knowledge – Read, study, listen to audio-books, talk to people you can learn from. Be curious. Don’t follow the herd, instead look outside the box.
- Mental Health – Ability to deal with trauma. Overcome limiting beliefs. Create new & better habits.
- Toxification – Will live in a pretty toxic world. Much of which IS still unavoidable. Eat organic, breathe fresh air.
- Finance – We covered this one already!
- Planning/Time management – If you can’t make time to go shopping, or cook then the new diet plan you watched on T.V is irrelevant.
- Relationships – Happy couples are proven to live longer. Getting support from a partner is also a major importance from my experience. You MUST get the family on board when making an effort for healthy living.
- Recovery – How often do you take breaks at work? Working non-stop somehow has become a badge of honour, yet the research clearly shows that NOT taking regular breaks leads to poor performance overall.
My advice is look at this list above carefully & decide for yourself which investment in time/money will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
Which one will give you the greatest ROI?
What Investments In Your Health Will You Start Making?
A few weeks ago I asked which areas of your life you felt you needed to pay most attention too. I had lots of replies but I’d like more.
So if you haven’t filled in the form yet I’d love to know.
Click here to tell me==> How Can I Help You
PS. Want to learn how to quit dieting forever & join a program with PROVEN results & that ISN’T based on counting calories & drinking shakes for breakfast, lunch & dinner,
You can apply to get a whole weeks coaching from me for just £10-00 when you click & complete the form below
Click here ==> Experience Week Application Form Kettering